Tuesday, August 16, 2011

vulnerability

The simpleness of my thinking is alarming.
Monotony has become routine.
Life often becomes colorless and dull.
The battle of my mind is one which wages and wars time after time. Even as I sit here typing, my mind is incredibly quick to jump from distraction to distraction. One diversion after the other. There is chaos yet there is nothing.
It never ceases. Never stops.

Breathe, child. 


Today, I'm choosing not to live this way.

I'm learning that life is not pretty. I'm learning that it's okay to not be okay.
I'm learning how to talk. I'm learning how to think. I'm learning how to meditate. I'm learning to how to reflect. I'm learning how to die while simultaneously learning how to live.
It's a brutal battle yet there's freedom in the fighting. I can see a victory! I claim it in the name of my King.

However, the lies continue. Daily they're whispered-
"Don't go too deep, for there, you are wounded. There, you are bleeding. There, you are messy. No one wants to heal you. You're too tattered."

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. 


He is my Constant.
He is my Consoler.
He is my Counselor.

Lord, I pray for you to invade the deepest parts of my heart. I invite you to heal me. To fight for me. To take my battles upon yourself. Thank you for caring, for listening, for helping. You're much too good.

May you, dear reader, engage your Creator today. May you deny the enemy's attempts to distract you or discourage you. Drown yourself in Him, His presence, His beauty. And there, may you shine like the stars of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment