Friday, February 18, 2011

A tribute to the misfits

I am surrounded by incredible people with beautiful souls. My friends, these people I'm speaking of, are a curious kind. They're the people who go unnoticed; they stay in the shadows. They're the freaks, the weirdos, the people who don't give a rip about what other people think. They're the fighters, the warriors, the believers, they're the blood, the sweat, and the tears. My friends, are the people who aren't afraid to get their hands, feet, face, arms, legs and head dirty. In fact, they beg and plead for it. They show no sign of weakness, they are the strongest of their kind but, you, commoner, wouldn't know it. These people I am referring to, look like you, breath like you, talk like you, and move like you, but their DNA is drastically different. They scream when the world says to whisper and they sprint toward the places the world says to shy away from. They love and they hate. They lose but they gain. They've caught a disease and they will not retire until all has been infected. They're viral. They're flaming. Look into their fiery eyes, and if you're lucky, you'll catch a glimpse of what burns within each and every one of them. They've been radically changed and dramatically altered. They bleed love. They bleed war.

Matthew 10:34-39
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

No comments:

Post a Comment